From:
Jenny Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 22:33:37 -0400
Hello Everyone,
I've just spent some time searching the archives and google.com for info
regarding use of 'Bag Balm' during lactation to share with one of the moms
in my WIC office.  Her elderly neighbor (formerly OB nurse--sorry!) has
recommended that she use it to help with her aching breasts, and to mix it
with powdered vitamin C and apply to her nipples!  I think she's got a
classic oversupply issue, which we'll work on in other ways.  But anyway,
when I entered Bag Balm + Lactation on google.com, one of the first hits
was for this site:  http://www.fpnotebook.com/OB82.htm  (Sorry, I don't
know how to make a link!)  This site recommends using bag balm for sore
nipples, but to wash it off before nursing!  If you visit that site,
you'll also want to click on the link to 'Stools in Breast Fed Infants'
and read that GREEN is the usual color for stools in a breast fed (sic)
baby!   To quote Jan B, "Aaaargh!"

Fondly,
Jenny Morris, LLLL & IBCLC
Charleston, WV