From:
Phyllis Adamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 07:45:36 -0700
We have a board for lactation information beyond the last NICU door. The
only people who see it are NICU staff, the few parents whose babies are in
that particular room, and the housekeepers. I posted the B&W of naked baby
on naked mom, baby blissfully sated, hand on breast & contented smile on
his sleepy face. Title was something like this: All I Needed to Learn, I
Learned at My Mother's Breast.
Next morning, the breast was cut out of the poster. I replaced the poster.
Next morning, there was a 5"x7" card taped over the breast. Message
delivered to me was the poster was "inappropriate". This was from a NICU
RN, not from management.
The NICU Manager said the poster was ok. So I removed the card and the
poster stayed. I guess the message was delivered to the RN who didn't like
seeing the 'exposure'.

Phyllis Adamson, IBCLC, RLC
Glendale, AZ