From:
Leslie Cree <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 14:23:10 -0400
I thank you all, again, for the advice and instruction. I did not see the
baby earlier this week when I saw Mom. She did have a few recent snapshots
(love those first time moms, they have a complete pictorial history of
baby!). The baby looked really great to me! Plump cheeks, bright eyes,
sitting up! I think I was perhaps searching for your concurrance that the
baby is really o.k. and that, yes, this mom didn't really need to go to
any extraordinary lengths to increase her supply. I think the increased
nightwaking can be attributed to 1. growth spurt and 2. added stress
rather than any downward spiral in intake or health. Mother seems to think
that solids are debatable--she is willing to try since she is so close to
the six month mark, but apparantly pediatrician was adamant that she wait
until THE DAY six months arrives. Thank you for pointing out that since
they now have permanent legal custody of her stepson full time they will
indeed recalculate her WIC eligibility. I will remind her. Also, WIC here
has excellent pumps available if she chooses to continue pumping. She
really doesn't mind it--she says it helps her feel close to baby--and her
employer is very flexible. She is a hairdresser and has a very high degree
of co-worker support. Yes, I now patronize this shop! I will see about
getting them a "Breastfeeding Friendly" certificate of thanks from our
local Nursing Mother's Chapter.