From:
Mary Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Nov 1996 09:34:24 CDT
Dr. Miriam Labbock, from Institute for Reproductive Health,
Georgetwon University published an article in the Academy of
Breastfeeding Medicine newsletter.  She stated "Using the disease-based model
and illness reduction that could be expected from full breastfeeding
for 12 week, it is estimated that the US would save $2.16 billion
annually."    I do not know if she has done further analysis of the
data, or if has been published elsewhere.  If anyone knows if it has
been published please send me the reference.