From:
Pat Bull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:24:26 -0500
Lactnet Post  RE:  Lois Arnold formerly of The Human Milk Banking
Association of North America, Inc. called this afternoon, 12:25 pm
Wednesday, March 3rd, 1999 to tell all of us that she is no longer with
HMBANA

Hello Netters,
Having directed/operated the Chicago Babies Milk Bank for many years in the
past, I still am an active member of the Association.  I still have my
video tape of the airing of my Milk Bank on ABC, March 2, 1985, Channel 7
news.  They actually filmed me breastfeeding my (now 14yr) daughter, a baby
then.
 It is a real pleasure to have been at the first gathering when HMBANA was
organized. After many years of hard work,  Lois Arnold has resigned.  I
personally thank her for all the hours she contributated to HMBANA.
Meanwhile, Mary Rose Tully has taken over as Executive Director of HMBANA.
We were able to talk to each other when we were in Atlanta, Georgia at the
BFC conference.  (by the way BSC- it was an excellent conference !! Good
seeing you Jack and everyone else)  Mary stated   "We are really going to
miss Lois Arnold.  She contributed alot to Milk Banks."  To set the records
straight,  anyone interested in setting up a Milk Bank or questions about
Milk Banks, donations or receving milk, can call any Milk Bank, locally or
throughout the US.  (one in Canada and there is also one in Mexico)  There
is even one now in Austin, TX with which our famous Barb Wilson Clay is on
the Board.  (sorry Barb, but I am proud & excited for you).   There are
about 15 board members, many neonatologists.  It has officially opened, but
will not begin pasteurizing milk until late spring.  Their number is
(512)494-0900.  Mary Rose, the new Director, can be reached at (919)
350-8599 or FAX # (919) 350-8923.  I believe HMANA will be marching forward
doing wonderful things in the coming years.
"Life is made up of desires that seem big and vital one minute, and little
and absurd the next.  i guess we get what's best for us in the end."  by
Alice Caldwell Rice.
Pat Bull, RN, IBCLC
The Breastfeeding Connection/Medela, Inc
Naperville, IL