From:
"Helen M. Woodman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 17:12:42 EST
Yes, Heather,

it is at least five years since I last saw primary engorgement, I can vividly
remember the sight, not large breasts but boy were they engorged, looked like
two pudding bowls stuck to her front, tight as a drum and her breast tissue
was so markedly demarkated.  Poor girl, she could not hold her arms
comfortably down her side because of the oedema running up into her armpits. I
cannot remember when I last received a telephone call about how to cope with
primary engorgement.

I believe Heather is right, it is because of rooming/bedding-in, it is also
that word has spread fast about how damaging unresolved primary engorgement is
to maximum milk production for that mother and baby.

kind regards,
Helen, Storrington, West Sussex, UK