From:
S&J Sheperd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:38:23 -0800
I am curious about other's opinions on this as it came up at work not long
ago.  A mom was using Alimentum in the SNS and only using about 15 cc's at a
time (1/2 oz), so most of the bottle was left over after the feeding.  She
said a nurse told her that it could be left out and used (what was in the
opened bottle) for 8 hours.  I was really surprised!  I would have guessed
an hour, and less if it were formula left in a bottle after a feeding (like
throw it away immediately).  The guideline for formula left in a bottle
after a feeding is one hour.  I intend to hunt down the source of this
guidline and any resources used to support it, is it a common guideline
elsewhere?

Janette
Rainy as usual in Oregon