From:
Denise Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:33:55 +1000
I too totally agree with Pamela, Heather and Barbara.  I too have worked
with women who have an initial engorgement but don't present to me until 6
weeks with a baby with poor weight gain (but gaining nevertheless) who has
never attached well and a low supply - trying to get that supply up to
required levels is very difficult if not impossible. In the presence of
doing 'everything right' from then on with no 'cure' I'd started to think
it was a congenital problem - then I saw too many of them... :(
Next baby, same lady - no problems with supply, because she knows exactly
what to do from Day 1.
I haven't read the rest of my Lactnet digest yet, but I daresay someone
will say - but what about relactation and adoptive breastfeeders.  I'm
looking forward to the discussions.

Denise
cool and raining in Brisbane, Australia
(just out of interest I've really added to the global perspective here -
Zimbabwe, England, US and Oz) any other nationality want to give their
opinion?