From:
Maurenne Griese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 05:29:00 -0500
Heidi Riobal wrote:

"On the other hand, I recently did freak WAY out when a beautician
recently informed me that the reason my permanent did not come out well
was because I was breastfeeding. When I asked her to explain the
physiological process and to show me scientific data, she just shook her
head.  You can imagine my reaction!  Anyway, she finally agreed to re-do
the perm at no charge.  This one takes the cake!"

Isn't this intriguing?  I have heard so much about how a woman's hair
doesn't take a perm well when you are pregnant or BF because I have
relatives that do hair.  They have been saying this for YEARS and just keep
passing it along to the younger beauticians.  It makes me mad because there
is NO scientific data to prove or dispute it.

I've had perms during both pregnancy and BF and the only times it didn't
take well, was IMO, because of error on the part of the beautician.  Yet BF
is sacrificed on the altar of ignorance by people who should at least know
hair!

Maurenne Griese, RNC, BSN, CCE, CBE
Manhattan, KS  USA
http://www.networksplus.net/griese