From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2016 10:20:25 -0500
Heather, I think this is very state-by-state. Here in Vermont we can bill
if it's a mama problem, but not a baby problem  (If it's slow weight gain
because of poor feeds - it's not covered, because it's part of "the
bundle". So maybe mama has sore nipples and I bill on HER account....but
this is hard because usually they are registered upon walk-in and it's the
pediatrician who sent them.)

Over the river a piece in New Hampshire,  I believe my colleagues are able
to bill, and they have a thriving outpatient practice. They rent pumps too
- ours are available through private practices (not here at the hospital)
or through WIC IF it's to go back to school or work.

Very frustrating to tease it all out.....Your Maternal Child Health
Coordinator at your local Department of Health office may be able to help
you, or the Breastfeeding Coordinator if you're lucky enough to have one.
(Our offices are small here in rural Vermont!)

Dawn Kersula in Vermont
Where we are happy there's snow in the mountains but not down here in the
valley today