Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 19:43:21 -0400
I was recently asked by my childs pedi for my LC card.  He said something
along the lines of "with that Y chromosome I can only help so much and
then..." and that he'd like to refer patients to me.  I want to write him
a letter suggesting that he provide each new mom/baby breastfeeding dyad
with a home visit.  What I need to know is a question I know will come
up.  It's about reimbursement.  Who will reimburse me (ie: pay me) and
how? Does anyone currently perfoming lactation consults such as this have
this info.  I'm under the impression that Dr. Gordon provides this for
his patients.  How does your LC get paid?  Please email me privately so
as not to clutter the list with info not needed by many.  Thanks.

Ilene Fabisch, IBCLC, LLLL, WIC BF Co
Listmom wicbfnet and MLCANET
Brockton, MA