From:
Carol Brussel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 22:33:41 EDT
yes, i think it's vitally important that i teach my children to relate and
bond to a piece of rubber or silicone; after all, at my "breastfeeding
friendly" family practitioner's office today, i saw an ad stating that
pacifiers "strengthen your baby's mouth and comfort his soul" - any wonder my
blood pressure was sky high? yeah, no chance women might want their babies to
have real relationships with them - its too darn inconvenient!

and yes, susan, i really had to laugh seeing your post with a note saying i
would be going ballistic about recognizing that your clientele uses ABM a
lot. so don't ignore it, but don't lie to them. tell them what the risks are,
and teach them how to use it properly. i was at a residential drug treatment
center today working a young mom and the staff members that called me were
saying how much they want her to succeed "also because all the babies here
are sick so much." god help us, they need to have some training in how to use
bottles and formula properly, guess it will be me as well! and of course all
for free - but that's how i seem to do my best work. sigh. where's a trust
fund when a girl needs one?

carol brussel IBCLC