From:
Ali Crehan Feeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:34:00 -0400
Here's another - and probably far more accurate - description of how the
show is spinning this topic:

http://www.drphil.com/plugger/respond/?plugID=9266

Adamantly Against Nursing In Public?

Are you offended when others breast feed their children in public? Does it
disgust you to see women nursing in restaurants, grocery stores, public
restrooms, department stores, doctor's offices, etc. and you can't
understand WHY anyone thinks breast feeding is a natural and beautiful act?

Do you need Dr. Phil's help at confronting a friend or family member about
their inappropriate habit to breast feed in public?

Do you disagree with your spouse about his/her opinion on nursing in public?
Does your difference of opinion cause MAJOR fights between you and your
partner?

If you have personal experience AND very strong feelings about this issue
please reply by emailing us your story. ONLY RESPOND IF YOU WOULD BE WILLING
TO APPEAR ON NATIONAL TV WITH DR. PHIL.

Someone ought to whack that man upside the head with a hospital-grade pump.

My own husband's response when I forwarded him the link to the show: "I'm
begging you not to go on tv with Dr. Phil. I can't raise [our daughter]
alone. I don't want Moira to wean because visiting hours were over. ;)"

Argh, grrr, snort,
Ali Crehan Feeney
Quincy, MA
breastfeeding counselor