From:
Diane Wiessinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 12:53:52 -0500
Remember the "biting baby" of 3 months ago?  At three months, his mother
now pumps mainly so dad can give a relief bottle at night.  Following a
nursing strike about a month ago, she's proud to say he prefers to eat at
mom's.  (She made bottle-feedings matter-of-fact but not snuggly, and
really loved him up when he nursed).

What seemed to finally take care of the clamping was nursing with him in
an upright position.  (I wonder if it was really age-related instead).
They don't look terribly comfortable when they nurse, and I've encouraged
her to come to LLL meetings, in hopes that seeing all the other nursing
styles will expand their repertoire.  But she's hung in there and is
beginning to reap the rewards.  Since he's also a light sleeper, I wonder
if there's been an allergic component.  In any case, time and persistence
have worked their traditional magic, and the biting baby is thriving at
breast.

Diane Wiessinger, MS, IBCLC, LLLL  Ithaca, NY  [log in to unmask]