Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 16:28:25 EDT
I received this from a mom on another list:
<<When I asked the pharmacist about it, she said that gentian violet had been
pulled off the market due to the carcinogens in it, and that an ingredient
found in it was the same found in antifreeze! I was then told that I could
find some at a herbal
health store way downtown.  I asked her if she was sure on that, and she
checked her availability list.  Apparently, there was a manufacturer she
could **try** to get some in from.  Has anyone else heard that gentian violet
was carcinogenic?>>

Can you email me privately as I am trying to do my income taxes and have been
saving my lactnets for a treat when I get done.
TIA
Marie Davis,RN, IBCLC