Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2013 21:59:46 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
Dear All,
Thanks to everyone for the useful information you've all posted in response to my inquiry. I'm inspired! Based on this advice, my next step will be to pursue becoming a Leader with LLL. While working on that, I'll take advantage of the further training that I now see is available to me. 

Another point you may find interesting, the field that I work in for my paid job is Art Conservation. We have also had passionate debates in our field regarding credentials. In Art Conservation, traditionally, people were trained by apprenticeship. Now, much of the training is done in university graduate programs. You can imagine how this shift has brought about debate regarding how a person becomes best qualified to do the work we do. I won't comment on this issue in the field of Lactation Consulting, since it's not my place to do so, but thank you for sharing your opinions with me and know that the debate exists in other areas as well : )

Please know I plan to keep working on this. I'll post again when this dream bares fruit : )
-Heather

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2