From:
Linda Rosetti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 1995 09:38:50 -0400
Hi all,
I just recently went to a great workshop on domestic violence. The group
mentioned that pregnant women are more likely to experience domestic
violence... if they are in a likely situation.
I was wondering about the results of such abuse on breast feeding.  I realize
the implications of such abuse on a womans self esteem.  I also remember that
there will be a speaker who will talk on this issue at the ILCA conference.
 I think that we should all be more educated about this very sad issue
because of the huge problem this is.  The speakers at the workshop said that
1 in 6 women will or have experienced some domestic violence.

Anyone aware of a good article that we can add to our files on this subject,
or possibly some of you could share your thoughts on this?

Linda Rosetti RN, IBCLC
Clarkston, Wa