From:
Lisa Amir <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 20:02:43 -0800
<Wondering if yeast can hide out in the bra....

Hi Angie, Have you seen the LC Series Unit on Candidiasis? We discuss all sorts of
interesting things like candida on undies :). As far as I know noone has tried
growing candida from bras, but it has been shown to survive on undies unless washed
in very hot water. So when thrush is persistent it is worth advising soaking bras
in sterilising solution or washing in very hot water or hanging out in sun to make
sure they are not reinfecting the nipples.

Lisa Amir
GP and IBCLC in Melbourne, Australia, who is feeling very tired today of arguing
with other doctors that nipple/breast thrush exists. Thank goodness to come home to
Lactnet and connect up with so many "believers" ;).