From:
Amy Shelton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 1996 19:53:01 -0600
I would like to resume taking a nutritional supplement system I was
taking before my recent pregnancy (the baby is now 7 weeks old). I am
concerned about the levels of some of the vitamins. Can anyone tell me
whether these are acceptable or not during lactation?

Vitamin A (beta carotene) 7500 IU
Vitamin A (retinyl palmitate) 7500 IU
Vitamin C 410 mg
Vitamin E 130 IU
Vitamin D 400 IU
Vitamin B-1 3.75 mg
B-2 4.25 mg
B3 50 mg
B-6 5 mg
B-12 15 mcg
folate (folic acid) 400 mcg

Are there any vitamins or minerals that can be dangerous to the
nursing infant in excessive amounts, like vitamin A during pregnancy?

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

When I was taking these supplements, I felt great and my hair and
nails have never been in such good shape either.

--
Amy Shelton, La Leche League Leader
Area Leader's Letter Editor for LLL of AL/MS/LA