From:
royce anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 11:24:03 -0500
I accidentally fell into a mess with a young mom that is resisting
overnight visits with FOB because the 2 yr old boy still nurses!!!!!!

Horror of horror.  The Judge "nearly came off the bench, she was so
outraged".  Even the mom's own attorney told her that she was "sick and
needed help".

I spoke with her attorney per phone.  I believe he intended to threaten
me with a supoena!  After we talked he told the mom that I "knew too
much" and had to say those things, because it's my job.

He has requested letters from experts, particulary docs, stating that
breastfeeding up to the age of 3 is not hurtful to the child.  He didn't
want to hear about "third world countries" where they have no choice but
to nurse their babies.

Would you guys be so kind to e-mail me with your thoughts about long
term BRF and any dangers re: Mom or Babe?  Please sign with your name,
title and where you are from.  This Mom is afraid that the judge will
"order" her to wean!!!!!!

Thanks,

Royce Anderson, RN, IBCLC, CD(DONA)

mailto:[log in to unmask]