From:
Jeanne Badman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:02:05 -0600
Greetings,

I saw the movie "Kids" on videotape this weekend.  There is a brief
breastfeeding scene in the film.

The mother of the character Telly is depicted with a large baby in arms.
She sits down in her kitchen and nurses the baby while teenage Telly and
his friend Casper are passing through the apartment.  Casper ogles, and
later makes a suggestive remark to Telly about his mother's breasts.  He
also comments on the large size of the baby.  Telly is mildly annoyed by
his friend's crudeness. For a young man who thinks and talks of nothing but
sex, he seems to be expressing that breastfeeding is not an appropriate
subject for a sex joke.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Telly.  His character is a
one-dimensional cartoon of a misogynistic, sex-fixated teen.  This film is
not for the squeamish, but I think it is a must-see for all parents of
pre-teens.

Sincerely,

Jeanne Badman, IBCLC, St. Paul, MN, USA
[log in to unmask]            *NrrdGrrl*
http://www.visi.com/~artmama