Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:31:52 -0500
Dr Jack also has a sheet  "Is my baby getting enough milk ?"
Number 4  revised Jan 2000.  He says :  "After the first 3-4 days
the baby should have increasing bowel movements so that by the
end of the first week he should be passing at least 2-3 SUBSTANTIAL
yellow stools each day."

Can't think who said it but I have heard that there should be three bm's
in 24 hours that measure approx.  three inches in diameter or the
equivalent amount, in the first four to six weeks.  Seems to be a good
suggestion for those parents who want specifics.

Ruth Bacon   Thornhill Ontario