From:
vgthorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2012 20:33:55 +1000
My thoughts are with all of you in the eastern United States, with all the
disruption of the approaching storm.  I hope you are all well prepared for
flooding and power outages, and safe.  If you are going to be at work and
likely to be stuck there beyond your shifts, my commiserations. I know you
will be doing a good job, giving support where it is most needed.  I do hope
the evacuation centres are set up to provide Mums with nooks where they can
breastfeed their babies uninterrupted, and soothe themselves and their
babies with skin-to-skin. It would be difficult to struggle with manual
pumps and cleaning equipment, storing milk in unhygienic conditions, and the
extra work. From last year's Brisbane floods I know that evacuation, even
planned evacuation, can make any of us feel dislocated and disoriented, and
with a baby and/or a toddler in tow it is harder.

Anyway, stay safe, and be well prepared.

Virginia in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia