From:
Barbara Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2016 09:33:04 -0400
Dear Friends,
I have been thinking about this a lot since I read the blog.
I have such mixed feelings about this.
First of all, most women can make some milk. This leaves the possibility
of making "some more". Especially with future babies.
So it's not as though the breast aren't working at all, they are not
working well enough at this moment to support a baby.
I agree with Holly that it does sound so medical. And so final. Like a
big red X over the breasts.
I believe one of my responsibilities is to provide hope for the future
and support faith in women's bodies.
I am happy someone is writing about this topic.
I worry that moms will read it and say, "Oh, I guess I have MODF and I
can't breastfeed." What about nursing for fun and comfort? Breastfeeding
is more than food.
Laurie, I agree for us, professionals, using these terms could be
appropriate, but with mothers?
I am not sure.
Thank you,

--