From:
Andrea Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 22:53:49 -0600
>is even one now in Austin, TX with which our famous Barb Wilson Clay is on
>the Board.  (sorry Barb, but I am proud & excited for you).   There are
>about 15 board members, many neonatologists.  It has officially opened, but
>will not begin pasteurizing milk until late spring.  Their number is
>(512)494-0900.

Thanks for the plug, Pat.  :)

And I'm also delighted that Barbara Wilson-Clay and Jeanne Mitchell are on
this Board -- they make my job so much easier.  Also, as you say, many
neonatologists are on the Board, too -- including my daughter's neo.
Here's a nice story:

A few days after my daughter was born (at 26 weeks), my husband and I
lectured the neo for about 10 minutes about why she should never get
formula -- we lived 10 minutes away, I was sure I'd have plenty of milk,
etc.  As soon as we paused for breath, he lectured us for 10 minutes about
why he'd never allow her to get any formula...and that's when we knew we
had the right doctor. :)  His name is Sonny Rivera, and he's the president
of our new milk bank; it was more or less his idea to start one.

I'll be sure to post when we are ready to begin accepting milk donations.
All our contact info is in my sig line (which is too long to use here very
often, but just this once ;)

All the best -
Andrea

Andrea Morgan