Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 00:37:54 EDT
In a message dated 9/17/99 2:21:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I don't have the reference handy, but I believe it was the huge nurses'
 study that found no link between breastfeeding and breast cancer.   >>

I remember asking myself when I read this study, how many of these women
actually tried to BF, given the fact they were nurses and probably returned
to work. And since the study was in the 50's and 60's the working and bfing
moms probably didn't last too long with the type of pumps  they had back then.

Barbara Whitehead, IBCLC
AydenNC