From:
Lynn Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 14:00:53 EST
First of all, I have to ask, is this post for real?
Assuming it is, with cigarette smoking, SSRI use, excessive caffeine and an
alcohol dependency problem, the toxin load in this Mom's milk should be of
grave concern. It sounds to me as if her body has a sense of this and is
shutting down production. You refer to this preschooler as nursing
frequently, not wanting to give it up but there is no milk. Am I missing
something here?
Regarding toxin load, wouldn't the concentration of toxins in the milk
increase as the production decreases, much like the concentration of
nutrients increases?
Lynn Shea Rn,Bsn,Ibclc
Franklin,Massachusetts