From:
June Rychlik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 21:09:21 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Subject: Re: Breastfeeding bra bank

 K-Mart sells rather good nursing bras for 8.50 each. Perhaps in the interest
 of community service they could be persuaded to donate a few? I own 2 of
 these and like them as well as my 40.00 Anitas!

 Regards,
 Michelle Meeks, RN >>
For a while at our WIC Program we had coupons for $2 off nursing bras from
Walmarts..which sells at least one model for under ten dollars.  The local
Walmart donated the coupons to us.  We gave them out to pregnant and nursing
moms all the time.  (now its making me think its time to contact them to see
if we can do it again)
Maybe thats an idea that could be easier to talk the store into than free
bras.
Its true that many WIC moms don't have nursing bras.  The truth is, you don't
really need one, however they are handy.  I'm amazed that many woman haven't
even heard of them.  We mostly try to get them to have bras that actually fit
them, most wear ones too small.
I dont' know how large a cup size Walmart/KMart etc carries...when I was
nursing I could only find a nursing bra that fit from JC Penneys and I had to
special order it.  (G cup *sigh*)  :::laughing::: I could never nurse my son
in the cradle hold!

June Eastman, IBCLC
Lawrence, Massachusetts WIC Program