From:
Mike & Debi Barr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 11:06:18 -0800
I've been no-mail, so sorry if this has already been posted.  I wanted to share
the media coverage that BF has been getting in Portland, Oregon.  In the past
few weeks, we've had at least 3 newspaper articles on BF in public, several
radio "talk" shows, and on Sunday, March 22, there will be an hour-long local
"talk show" dedicated to the subject of BF in public.  This coverage came about
because of an incident where a woman was asked to stop BF at a recreation
center pool.  In addition, another woman was in midst of a wrongful termination
lawsuit, with one of her charges being that she was discriminated against
because she was BF.  For the most part, the media coverage has been very
positive.

So, if any of you are in the viewing area of Portland, tune into KATU, Channel
2 on Sunday at 6:00pm to "Town Hall".  The cute kid in the pink "I eat at
Mom's" t-shirt will be my daughter, Kiana.  She and I will be in the audience!

A lactnut who is still experiencing withdrawl symptoms -
Debi VanderMey Barr
Portland, Oregon