From:
Katherine Sharp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2018 10:52:12 -0400
I've checked the archives and have been monitoring for replies, and I don't
think I had any to my first post a month ago.  I am reposting.

I am assisting with a workplace lactation program (I'm the IBCLC who
provides phone support, group support and some pump inspection).  Multi
user pumps are provided by the company and are located in several rooms, in
several locations.  The companies that manufacture the pumps recommend the
use of Cavicide to clean the exterior of the pump.  In a hospital setting,
this is in accord with how other items are cleaned.  It's unlikely (but I
haven't checked) that items in this workplace are cleaned to that level of
germicide.

There are many cautions to the use of Cavicide, including using gloves
while using it.  I have not provided Cavicide in the rooms. Some of the
rooms have bleach wipes, and instructions to use them.  I'm considering
recommending the use of herbal wipes as a protocol for routine wipedowns.
Is there anybody on the list who has faced this issue and has a protocol?
I doubt of course if there are any studies, and I'm not even sure where to
search, so if anyone has a notion about how to research the topic, please
chime in.

Thanks in advance!

Kate Sharp, IBCLC
Retired from private practice, veteran of several workplace lactation rooms