Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 01:39:20 -0400
carol b wrote:

> any other ideas to increase the possibility of kangaroo care? what about
> warming the room or warming the mother in the bed, etc? please copy to me
> privately,

Carol,

My last daughter was born at 27 weeks gestation, weighing 1 pound 6.6
ounces at birth.  We did kangaroo care with her almost daily from about
day 4 until about four months old.  (She was released from the hospital
at 12 weeks).  There was usually never a problem to keep her warm even
in the early days, if her temp. did begin to drop however, it was
usually easily corrected by just replacing the blanket over the baby
with one or two receiving blankets from the warmer.

Cheryl Leipold BS, IBCLC, mother of 10
Newnan, GA