From:
The Curries <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 19:16:15 +0200
      A mother who gave birth at our hospital recently, told me that for the
first 2 days she does not have milk (heard that before frequently).   On day
two she asked me for an extra feed as her baby was starving.   She told me
that she had fed 2 other babies for 2 years.   I decided to pump her to see
where we were - the baby's parameters were normal - had passed urine and
stools and was well-latched.   The colostrum that I pumped out was thick
like cream -cheese - it plopped out of her nipple.   I rubbed it between my
fingers and it was very greasy.   I have never seen this before.   We pumped
after every feed and later on in the day her milk came in.   Has anyone seen
this before?   I was speechless!
Sincerely,
Barbie Currie RN RM.   White River, Mpumalanga, South Africa.