From:
Jodine Chase <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 08:10:48 -0600
> From: Katherine Dettwyler <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Everyone, please help me with an email/letter-writing campaign.  The
> "Propane Education and Research Council" has a new TV ad out that promotes
> propane because you can use it to heat the baby's bottle even when the
> electricity is out.  :(

Thanks for raising this, Katherine. My older son saw this ad *while he was
babysitting my little ones as I hosted a meeting of our local breastfeeding
advocacy brochure subcommittee in our home.*

It took me a while to find the ad on their web site, but here it is:

http://www.usepropane.com/industry/resLib_council.cfv

The ad is the first one on the list on the left, titled "Bottle" Television
commercial.

I think some of the folks on the Parent-L list wrote letters. This was back
in April. I'll see if anyone got a response.

I want to take the time to thank everyone on LactNet who wrote letters last
when our local utility, EPCOR ran bottle-feeding ads to promote their "Easy
Living" fixed-billing-rate campaign.

-- Jodine Chase