From:
Daniel Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Mar 1998 10:07:17 -0500
Hi All,
   Jay, I agree with your post on P & D after smoking pot, except for
the last line. The mom may not have smoked a lot of pot. In the hospital
situation I see, many times our MDs are extremely overcautious with
their time to P & D for situations, many overprotect themselves
'legally' to the detriment of breastfeeding, some won't admit that they
don't know about the situuation at hand (expecially in relationship to
breastfeeding) and finally, some of the MDs I see won't deal with the
situation. We have many moms who smoke (the regular type cigs) and the
MDs won't even approach them about cutting back or quitting. I guess
they figure if the moms get past the original OB orientation session,
all the literature in the waiting room and the posters in the clinic
hallway, nothing they say will make a difference. It bothers me (as a
potential patient) to know that some of the docs are so burned out (or
whatever) that they won't even be the doctor they are suppose to be.

Leslie Ward
Vine Grove, KY