From:
Jan Barger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 1995 09:29:11 -0500
Nancy,

Thank you for your post.  Perhaps one of the issues underlying my extreme
frustration at the whole Ezzo thing is the fact that some people tend to
equate "Christian" or "evangelical" with "Ezzo" and subsequently assume that
all Christians are in agreement with his philosophy which is, as Lisa and
Nancy have pointed out much more eloquently than I ever could, damaging to
relationships, mothers, babies, and breastfeeding.  Not to mention his
theology which has no basis in Biblical fact.  I don't want, as a Christian,
to be tarred with the same feather as he, nor to have other Christian parents
think that this is the way their babies should be reared and (non)nurtured.
 For the Ezzos to claim that their way is "Growing Kids GOD'S Way" is the
heighth (and breadth) of arrogance.

Please be assured that there are thousands of Christians who decry the Ezzo
method as anything but Godly.

Jan B. (who has this insane toddlerhood desire to BITE someone in
frustration!!)