From:
Pat Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:10:23 -0400
My new Riordan :-) says that that breastfeeding can stimulate an active
immune response.  Page 117. Riordan mentions how babies can develop active
immunity if mom receives a vaccine like polio virus or rubella  Baby  also
can develop immunity to CMV present in breastmilk.

Breastfed babies also experience enhanced immune response to vaccines.  (and
no we will not discuss the pros and cons of vaccines on Lactnet :-)

Sincerely, Pat in SNJ