From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:51:59 +1000
There have been a couple of exchanges on Lactnet recently that are of concern because the tone of delivery of the posts were quite harsh. Whilst all members of Lactnet have an interest in human lactation/ breastfeeding we come from varying backgrounds with different experience and different personal philosophies/interest foci. This is fantastic but it also means that there is much on which we will disagree with one another. While such diversity is good, and in fact a strength of Lactnet, it is also a potential source of personal conflict. Therefore, it is extremely important when putting forward your points of view to treat the views of others with respect and present your arguments/points in a gentle way. There is no room for sarcastic comments directed towards fellow listmembers. If anyone has a problem with another's posting tone please direct your comments to the listmothers and not to the list. Otherwise let us continue vigourous discussions with differing viewpoints...we can do it, the recent discussion of fingerfeeding was a classic example of how well the wealth of experience/knowledge  on Lactnet can be beneficial to all.
Regards
Karleen Gribble
Lactnet Listmother