Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:45:32 EST

I saw the picture of  that "baby."  It was evident why the mother was kicked
off the  flight....doesn't the law say that breastfeeding is OK in public as
long as the  child is under three months, the mother is in a tent and no one,
including  flight attendants, are personally offended?  The minute someone is
offended  negates and nullifies the law, right?  Not to mention if the child is
old  enough to sit upright on their own without benefit of support.

My, my, my.

Y'know guys, it is time to bag this profession and time for a  bookstore.
I'm feeling battered on all sides:

From the IBLCE (SoP, CERP issue, 2nd credential, lack of  response to
concerns, makeup of the board, refusal to respond to concerns, Exam  issues,
inability to get applications out in a timely manner, etc  etc....)
From the ACOG (no out of hospital births  tolerated)
From the AAP (Absolutely, never, ever, under any  circumstances, bedshare
with your infant)
From the AMA (SoP for NON-physicians?  Heaven help  us!!)

Etc etc etc.

Why on earth am I in this breastfeeding business?   Someone mentioned it
going the way of the Edsel.  Yes -- and the  albatross.   I'd like to think the
Phoenix, but it rose again, and I'm  not sure breastfeeding can withstand all
the assaults.  Not to mention  lactation consultants.  And normal birthing
proponents.

I'm old.

Maybe retirement?

 Jan Barger