From:
Linda Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 12:39:32 -0500
I will be doing a brief presentation at the night shift staff meeting on
Wednesday regarding their persistant use of formula to put babies to sleep at
night.   I would like everybodies ideas on what will be most helpful.
 Background:  Orders read: breastfeed only unless medically indicated or
mother's request.  Usual discharge time is less than 24 hours.  The nurses
know the "benefits of breastmilk", but know that formula does sedate babies
and use it to allow mother to have some sleep since they are exhausted.  I
would like to give the nurses new tools to assist babies to sleep and mothers
to cope.  Please e-mail privately. TIA   Linda Stewart