From:
The Hulburt's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 09:02:56 -0700
Pam asks:  "I don't know that I have an evidence-based source that I can refer to that states that all babies need
to be gaining 8 oz/week or we are all in serious trouble. If anyone does, please let me know what source you use"...

According to 3rd Edit. Riordan BFHL, p 282, average daily weight gain once baby has returned to birthweight is 34gm for females, 40gm for males...less than 20gm is considered abnormal...minimum acceptable gain is 20gm/day,  in first 3 months...  Tha chapter (10)  ends with numerous references.

Annalee Hulburt, CLE, and '05 IBLCE test candidate!