From:
JeannIBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 09:38:31 EDT
Pam,
Your post is heartbreaking.  I'm so sorry for your rough week.  Hang tough,
sister, you have 2,000 Lactnetters standing with you.

Every time I think I see some progress, I see some regression in another area.
Do people honestly think we just dreamed up the 10 Steps to BFHI by ourselves?
Do they think we made up the references?

How many research studies were published before docs stopped prescribing
Thalidamyde?

Now, when people ask me for my references, I ask them how many they are
willing to read!  One of my co-workers was challenged by a supervisor to
provide references - which she did.  The supervisor not only didn't read the
references, she said she didn't believe they were enough!

I'm about to ask the next person who asks me for references if they think I'm
making this up.

There are plenty of references about bf babies not needing water - WHO even
has that on the internet.  But it does no good if he's not willing to read it.

The larger problem, of course, is the formula rep.  Where does he get the
"tens of thousands of dollars" figure?  Does he have references?  Did he make
it up?

Sorry for spewing forth.  Just feeling a little beaten down this week, and
angry that there are others feeling the same way.
Jeanne Mitchell
Austin, TX