From:
kym smythe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 10:02:58 -0400
Hi Dee Dee and all,

Just ran into a new mom of twins (4 d.o.) and asked her if she was
breastfeeding.  She responded that it was "just too much"  being a
single mom with two other children.

I have spent the last few days replaying the list of things I wish I had
said in response.  Hope some of them help your cousin:

- More sleep (no waking all the way up to fix or get bottles)
- Much less to carry when she goes out with them
- Less illness
- No cost (as you mentioned in your post)
- Immediate Response (no listening to 2 cry while you fix their bottles)
- Rejuvenates/Relaxes mom (hormonal stress reduction)
- Less Work (washing and preparing all those bottles lots of work)

If she's on email, feel free to pass on my name and address.
Kym Smythe, MEd, IBCLC
New Castle, DE, USA
still nursing two at the computer - it's becoming a Lactnet ritual!