From:
BRENDA PHIPPS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 22:51:28 -0700
Hi, this is Brenda - you know, the one who had a terrible day (and weekend, for that matter). I want to thank every single person on this list, and there are many of you, who have so kindly written me words of great wisdom and intelligence. This online group has been a blessing for me. Special thanks to Liz Brooks for the outstanding suggested outline from which I may progress. And Janice Reynolds - wow - that was some amazing perspective on how to interact with marketers.

At this point, I am considering my many options. Do I report the boss for calling me the "N" word (she doesn't know that I'm Jewish)? If I do, I risk terrible retribution, as has occurred to others in my hospital. Unfortunately I am not an RN - no union is going to back me up. But my gut feeling is that something will be done about this - she has an ongoing reputation for chasing out high quality nurses and other staff, and there are rumors that she is "on the verge" of losing her job. These, however, are only rumors.

As for attending the formula presentations - I have a new outlook on this from reading all of your comments. I still, however, think I should be allowed to decide for myself if I plan to attend, and not be forced into it as a disciplinary measure. That just eats me up.

This has all been a bit surreal. I can't quite believe I was treated like this, and I am deadly afraid to meet with her again. But I will, with my trustworthy LC partner by my side, and will keep everyone posted on the outcome.

Thanks again,
Brenda