Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 09:58:01 EST
Two Comments:

Cranberry capsules are now available and may be easier to take than
unsweetened cranberry juice.  I too have found that the cranberry works
wonders on UTI's.  The best is prevention (peeing after intercourse, etc.)

After the birth of my second child (at home) my pediatrician had me in tears
because no vit K shot was given. (She indicated that my perfect 4 day old baby
girl was going to explode from hemorraging any moment--I was devastated. )  To
ease my mind, the mid-wife mentioned an article in the medical journal
"Lancet" which had information on an increased risk of childhood lukemia due
to vit K given at birth.  This was August 1995.  My third child is due any day
and again we plan no vit K shot as long as no surgery, etc. is required
immediately after birth.  Sorry I can't give the exact date of publication.
That mid-wife has moved from the area.

Louanne McGhee
Reno NV