From:
Jana in Ely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 09:17:39 -0600
As part of our community effort to support breastfeeding, we have written a
grant that will allow us to give our new moms *breastfeeding* gift packs.
Clearly, the fact that the hospital gives "gifts" to new parents lends the
gift credibility and a feeling that the parents are doing right by using
the "products." We're going to use that to our advantage.

Each canvas bag will contain a copy of "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding,"
a sample of Lasinoh, a few LLL tear sheets that briefly look at common BF
problems, catalogs from BF clothing manufactuers, information about pumps
and where they can be purchased or leased, a list of Internet and local
library resources, as well as printed info about LLL with leader numbers
and meeting notices.

Moms that do not breastfeed will still, unfortunately, still receive the
old formula bag. I'm hoping that over a year or two, we can demonstrate
that this program supports healthy mom-baby relationships, and get the
hosptial to absorb the costs of the bags and contents. High hopes....

Jana in Ely, MN
where the eagles are migrating on their way north