From:
Wendy Blumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 17:53:23 +0300
Publicity material is circulating here in Israel about “Milksense” manufactured by Bfree Plus for a whopping $200.
The idea is that if the instrument is placed on the breast for 10 seconds before a feed and again after the feed, mum knows how much baby ate.
Since many mothers unfortunately give up breastfeeding because they are concerned they don`t have enough milk, this could be reassuring.  As counsellors we would rather advise monitoring the pee and poo, alertness of baby and weight gain.
Does anyone know anything concrete about this device – the price is outrageous and my concern is whether it is just another gimmick to get parents to spend their money or whether it is really useful and reliable.
I promised the health correspondent of the English-language newspaper I would give her information, so please let me know if anyone has more information.
Wendy Blumfield
NCT Trained Tutor Prenatal Teacher/Breastfeeding Counsellor