From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 21:18:46 -0500
Hi. The symptoms of continuing plugged ducts, etc, could be *from* yeast.

 I would recommend that for someone who you suspect has yeast, I would
recommend that they go to their hcprovider with Kay Hoover's new 4 page
sheet in hand, as well as the pages on candidiasis from Ruth Lawrence's
book, Auerbach and Riordan's book, and the LC series on candidiasis.  I have
packets made up of these things, as well as a handout that I have written,
cause we get SO many of these a month.  I lend it to people to take to their
disbelieving hcproviders. I also recommend that they get a copy of Tom
Hale's book on Medications and Mothers' Milk ( no financial interest here,
just a satisfied customer, and no telling HOW many of these I've sold for
you, Tom. : D )...and this usually gets people to sit up and take notice.

I also recommend that you look in the LLLI BFAB, the  wonderful LLL text.
You can also do a search for this topic on Lactnet archives. Also, Jack
Newman's sheet on oral treatment with aqueous gentian violet is something I
include.

To do this, send email to [log in to unmask]
that says

Search candidiasis in Lactnet

or
Search yeast in Lactnet

You should get tons of references...order a few at a time from the listserv,
following the instructions.

It may not be yeast, but it certainly is something, and should be evaluated
fairly and knowledgeably.

Kathleen
Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC co-owner Lactnet,TLC, Indep. Consultant
http://together.net/~kbruce/kbbhome.html
LACTNET Archives http://library.ummed.edu/lsv/archives/lactnet.html
LACTNET WWW http://www.telcomplus.net/~kga/lactation.html