Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
>  -----Original Message-----
> From: 	Sperling Stephanie  
> Sent:	Wednesday, February 08, 2006 5:30 PM
> To:	[log in to unmask]
> Subject:	Radiology Procedures 
> 
> This is my first post. I am a hospital based Lactation Consultant. I have been at my place of employment for just over a year. I  have been noticing discrepancies between the information given to pts regarding Radio pharmaceuticals by our radiology department and the information found in Hale. When a Pt requests this information from my colleagues and I we find ourselves in a difficult position. We would usually just give the information directly to the mother of the baby, but we have recently been told by our supervisor that we must have the pediatricians permission to give her that information or give it to the pediatrician him or herself. I discussed with my nursing supervisor that I would like to find out what the radiology department source of information is and see if we could "get on the same page" so to speak. I think it goes without saying the health of the baby is of course our number one concern, but we don't want to see mothers dumping their precious breast milk any longer than is necessary. My supervisor is in favor of me contacting the radiology department head about this issue which I plan to do, but I would love to have some insight first. I would like to be diplomatic yet effective, and I would love to suggest the idea of using Hales research as our standard. Does anyone out there know of an institution that does. I suppose I am also a little nervous because I know very little about this area and I'm afraid to sound dumb. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  
> Stephanie Sperling, RN IBCLC,  Brandon Florida   

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2