From:
Daniel Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 09:10:06 -0400
Hi All,
  I just wanted to jump in on a couple of things, first having lived at
one time with a control freak (only way to discribe him) they do not
like anyone who tries to interfere with that control and you must be
careful to not to offend him or you will lose contact with the mother. I
know from experience, anyone who was on my side was the 'enemy' to my
ex. Next, be realistic, diapering is the worst aspect of babyhood, to
suggest to father that is, or should be his domain, may not sit right.
  I feel the best suggestion was Coach Smith's - that Dad (insert other
relative suggesting they want to feed baby) job is to teach baby that
love is not connected to food. This is much more important to teach and
will give Dad the feeling and knowledge that he has a very important
part of the emotional and mental development of his child.

Leslie Ward
Vine Grove, KY