From:
Susan Moxley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 18:46:03 -0300
I would like feedback from breastfeeding experts and PHN's about the
inclusion of a NUK soother being included in the list of recommendations of
what to include in a newborn layette in prenatal classes.  I have two
excellent articles I will forward to the prenatal teachers a group of whom
feel a NUK soother would give the message to new mothers that this is the
type they should use, the fulltime PHN who is an IBCLC and myself know what
the literature says and what practice demonstrates regarding the use of
soothers in new breastfeeding infants but it would be helpful to have your
opinions also. TIA.

Susan Moxley IBCLC
Ottawa, Ontario.